David Rawlins Ltd Chartered Surveyor
- Independent, Professional and personal General Practice property surveying services to residential clients of modern and old houses before and after purchase
- A Property surveyor for over 30 years David Rawlins DipBldgCons FRICS IHBC can offer purchasers a RICS Home Buyers Survey, a Building Survey or a specialist Historic Building Survey report on Listed Buildings or other period houses, and residential valuations for private purposes, matrimonial etc.
- As a Historic Building Consultant: I also undertake Heritage Statements of Significance where pre-planning application heritage assessments are required and single defect reports on, for example, damp issues, windows, and other building elements.
- Specialist advice on Historic Buildings and their remedial repair
- I aim to ensure the good health of such buildings by studying them in a holistic manner
- I aim to carry out these services in a professional, friendly and efficient manner, so that your instruction will be done in a totally hassle free way
- I am happy to discuss the outcome of our property survey before and after completion of the written report
- Regular Maintenance Inspections, as required.
- As a fully independent property surveyor I do not receive fees from Estate Agents or others for referrals of property surveys; the advice offered is specific for the client instructing with no potential conflict of interest.
The diagnosis of defects and the repair of old buildings is a different skill from that of modern buildings. It is important to adopt an approach which works with the structure of the buildings and recognises the advantages of traditional forms of building. David Rawlins DipBldgCons FRICS IHBC has received additional specialist training and qualification to enable interpretation and analysis of historic structures and the impact, if any, of modern materials, which may be detrimental to old houses. The survey will identify the different building methods and materials used in the construction and differentiate significant failures from old construction. The report will provide appropriate recommendations on the necessity of repair or conservation work.
A Building Survey encompasses what used to be called the Structural Survey and is a detailed report on the building in question..
Home buyer reports
The RICS Home Buyer Survey is a report on the condition and value of residential property which, for the type of property that it suits, provides sufficient information for most purchasers to make decisions. Reports of this nature are usually suitable for dwellings built in the last 100 years. They are invariably insufficient for buildings built over 100 years.
The Homebuyers Report comprises a limited inspection and report using a standard format. The format is designed for small houses or flats which are of traditional modern construction and built to broadly modern building regulations standards. It identifies what the surveyor considers to be the most important issues. By applying condition ratings to elements of the building, the services and any garages and permanent outbuildings, the surveyor will tell you whether defects are serious or urgent. It also includes the surveyors opinion of the market value and reinstatement cost (which you will need for insurance purposes). It focuses on matters that, in the surveyors opinion, may affect the value of the property if they are not dealt with.
Independent damp surveys & other Single Defect Reports
Specific Diagnostic reports with regard to repairs/works on old houses, such as on Damp issues and Energy Efficiency matters affecting old houses. Assessments as to the CAUSE of the problem before advising how to deal with the SYMPTOM. Verbal or written comments can be provided. For examples of defects where advice has been given view our services page.
Chartered Surveyor undertaking fully independent House Surveys & Valuations in York, Selby, Goole, Harrogate, Thirsk, Pocklington, Market Weighton, Pickering, Malton & across North & East Yorkshire.
As a Local and Independent chartered surveyor I inspect all types of buildings & structures. You can view pictures of further examples of buildings surveyed.
Regulated by the RICS
RICS Registered Valuer
David Rawlins works closely with: Jon J Steel BSc (Hons) MA (Bldg Con) MRICS providing: Project Management, Party Wall matters, Planning & Building Regulation applications. Visit: www.jonjsteel.co.uk